Ropesa has a catalogue that covers a wide range of industrial necessities. Discover it.
SKF produces cylindrical roller bearings in many designs, dimension series and sizes. The majority are single row bearings with a cage. Single and double row full complement bearings (without cage) complete the SKF standard assortment for general engineering. Bearings with a cage can accommodate heavy radial loads and operate at high speeds. Full complement bearings are suitable for very heavy radial loads at moderate speeds.
The rollers of SKF cylindrical roller bearings are a key component. Their geometry, the so-called logarithmic profile, provides an optimum stress distribution in the contact zones in the bearing. Their surface finish maximizes lubricant film formation and optimizes rolling motion of the rollers. The benefits derived from this compared with traditional designs include enhanced operational reliability and a greater insensitivity to misalignment.
The SKF range of cylindrical roller bearings comprises the basic types:
– Single row cylindrical roller bearings, caged, mainly of the NU, NJ, NUP and N designs (fig 1).
– Double row cylindrical roller bearings, caged, mainly of the NNU and NN designs (fig 2).
– Multi-row cylindrical roller bearings, caged (fig 3 and fig 4).
– Single row full complement cylindrical roller bearings, mainly of the NCF and NJG designs (fig 5).
– Double row full complement cylindrical roller bearings, mainly of the NNF design (fig 6).
– Multi-row full complement cylindrical roller bearings, with four or eight rows of rollers (fig 7).
In addition to the standard assortment the comprehensive SKF range of cylindrical roller bearings consists of:
– Single row high-precision all-steel or hybrid cylindrical roller bearings.
– Double row high-precision all-steel or hybrid cylindrical roller bearings.
– Cylindrical roller bearings and bearing units for railway axleboxes.
– Single row cylindrical roller bearings for traction motors for railway applications.
– Backing bearings for cold rolling mills of the cluster type.
– Indexing roller units for continuous furnaces.